The ultimate collection of NQT resources for the summer
Epic tips, articles, and videos to get you ready to crush your first year of teaching.
Most teachers agree the first year is not an easy ride. The common goal is literally to survive.
- How I survived my first year of teaching – Laura McInerney
- The Essential Teacher Toolkit NQT’s Survival Guide – 10 Tips for New Teachers to Follow – Ross Morrison McGill (@TeacherToolkit)
- How to survive your first year in teaching – Secret Sir
- 10 tips to survive your first year in the classroom – Tracey Lawrence, Guardian Teacher Network
- These snackable nuggets are the perfect quick fix for time-strapped NQTs.
- Georgie’s Top Ten Tips for NQTs – JustTeachUK [Video]
- 100 tips for NQTs – Sue Cowley
- 5 essential tips for newly qualified teachers – Teacher Toolkit
Advice from the veterans
Check out these articles from NQT mentors and experienced teachers, who’ve made every mistake so you don’t have to.
- Advice & Anecdotes for NQTs – Kate Jones, Love to teach
- How to smash your first year as an NQT – Mr T NQT Support
(Mr T NQT Support, an NQT Mentor, also offers daily tips and support on twitter)
- From one NQT to the next – Kimberly Rennie (@Miss__Rennie)
- 5 things I wish I’d known at the start of my NQT year – Sophie Bee (@_MissieBee)
Practical classroom tips
What you physically need to conquer day one?
- Ultimate NQT kit: keep these within arms reach – SBHS Teaching
- 7 classroom essentials You May Not Have Thought Of as a NQT Primary Teacher – Head Start Primary
- 6 opening and closing routines for new teachers – Rebecca Albers, Edutopia
- Classroom essentials every primary NQT needs – SMT Magazine
NQTs on twitter
Share the load. Follow and connect with fellow NQTs on twitter, like:
Have you spotted any great NQT related content or bloggers not on this list? Let us know in the comments.