20 MarchMar 2020 09:00 - 15:30 UTC
LearnED training event for headteachers and ICT leads
LearnED in Birmingham is an educational technology conference designed to make a positive impact for schools, led by The British Educational Suppliers Association, (BESA), in conjunction with the Department for Education (DfE).
The conference has been carefully programmed to cater for those who attended the first event, and those who haven’t attended before.
"The show helped to reignite my passion for using technology to support teaching and learning and left me with practical advice to support my work back at school."
- Crowther, Digital Lead
Join us to:
- Hear from fellow headteachers and SLTs about the products and services that have made a positive impact in their school
- Take part in high-level discussions debating issues such as using technology to support teaching and learning; giving teachers more time to teach; and technology as a catalyst for change
- Discover new ways of working that will save time and make a positive impact
- Browse our supplier exhibition featuring 30 outstanding educational suppliers ready to help you transform your school
- Visit the demonstrator classroom and see inspiring lessons taking place using a variety of technology
- Come away with ideas and tips you can put into practice the very next day
- Earn CPD points for attending – you will receive a certificate at the end of the day
"The event really helped us to identify our ICT needs in relation to our priorities in shaping teaching and learning for current students and for the future."
Sean Murphy, AHT
Who should attend:
Headteachers, deputy headteachers, senior leaders, ICT leads in both primary and secondary schools.
BESA is delighted to offer bursaries of up to £30 to cover travel expenses. For more information, tick the box when booking your ticket.
09.40: Welcome & Introduction – Caroline Wright, Director General, BESA
10.05: Opening keynote by Department for Education
10.55: Panel discussion and Q&A – Using technology to save time and better support teaching & learning in the classroom. Practitioner-led discussion and curriculum and assessment solutions.
11.00: Coffee break – get inspiration from the educational technology classroom showcase and demonstrations
11.45: Introduction to LendED
11.50: Interactive workgroup discussions - your chance to collaborate with schools across the region. This discussion format has been designed to help you overcome current issues and challenges
12.45: Lunch and educational technology classroom showcase - see exclusive previews of leading solutions for the classroom
14.05: School case studies – learn from digital leaders who have successfully transformed their schools with great teaching and technology
(Includes time for Q&A)
15.00: Closing speech, CPD certificate collection & raffle
15.30: Event ends
Speakers will be confirmed soon.
Location: Edgbaston Stadium, Edgbaston Road, Birmingham, B5 7QU
Event is in progress
LocationBirmingham, United Kingdom
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io