Preview the new teaglo social feed
Each week we’ll share details of new teaglo products, features and development updates, along with sneak previews, with you, our members, right here on the teaglo blog.
First up – it’s the teaglo social feed.
Read on to find out more about this element of the teaglo platform, what to expect from the updates, and to get a glimpse of how your new teaglo feed will look.
What’s it all about
After decades of working in education, it became clear to us that teachers needed a professional network of their own – one that was safe and secure… free from ads, and free from trolls. We took up the challenge and spent a year collaborating with inspired educators to create a global social network that connects great teachers to great teaching tools and opportunities.
We see the teaglo feed as a dedicated space for teachers to connect and collaborate, and through it, access everything they need to succeed in one place, including suppliers, news, mentoring, networking, training, resources, CPD, jobs, and more.
As the teacher social network, the teaglo platform empowers teachers to further their own professional success, using intelligent online social networking and saves schools millions every year on recruitment, leaving them more money to spend on improving student achievement.
Currently, the teaglo social feed enables teachers to:
- Build and showcase their online teacher brand, so recruiting schools can find them
- Connect and engage with like-minded teachers
- Search jobs from the UK and all over the world
- Connect with schools they want to work for, allowing them direct recruit access
- Follow schools and connect with teachers
- Post, comment on, like and share content
- Post videos and images
So what’s new
You’ll still have access to the existing functionality, but with some exciting additions and improvements. Here’s a list of what’s changing in your teaglo social feed:
- Fresh social feed design, navigation and engaging interface
- Improved link and image posting functionality
- One-click access My Jobs, My Network, My Profile
- Curate content via hashtags
- Ability to see and connect with mutual connections
- More high quality content in your feed from an educational leaders and partners
teaglo Product Manager Jo sums it up best,
Our members consistently tell us they love engaging with other teachers, developing professional relationships and sharing ideas. These new features will make that even easier and more fun. The ability to see mutual connections and organise feeds using hashtags means teachers will experience a richer social feed, full of interesting, relevant content and conversations.
What that means for you
Don’t worry, this update won’t affect your current connections, messages or post history.
When you log in next month, you’ll simply be presented with the new look social feed and can start exploring the new features and functionality straight away. See you on teaglo.
This is just the start, so please check back here each week for the latest product updates and feature previews.